- 9 Dec 2023 – This will be the final shoot for 2023 and the Precision Rifle (PR) Final. As per usual the range will be open for all practice shooters from 1000 – 1330. From 1330 the PR final will commence. The matchbook for the final is posted to the ‘Events’ folder below.
- The 2024 SSAA Scottsdale Shooting Calendar is now available and can be downloaded from the Range Roster tab opposite.
- Finally, some great news, we are in the process of securing a Precision Rimfire State Championship to be run here at Scottsdale during the weekend 9/10 Mar 2024. Still a lot of work to be done however, fingers crossed. Might be time to break out that 22 and give this a try. We’ll keep you all advised.
Welcome to Scottsdale Silhouette, Pistol, Target and Hunting Club (commonly referred to as SSAA Scottsdale or T04 Scottsdale).
Range Approvals and Layout
The club has range approval for all handguns and rifles (air, rimfire and centrefire). We have a rifle range out to 200 metres as well as a dedicated pistol range. Most shooting positions are under cover.
Range Rules and Code of Conduct
The club’s Range Rules and Code of Conduct have been posted and can be accessed via the following links:
We are open on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month.
Club Shooting Program
The 2023 Club Shooting Program can be downloaded from ====>> HERE
The following timings apply to the operation of the range:
- 8.30am – 0930: Range staff arrive and setup
- 9.30am: Shooter registration and signup
- 9.50am: Firearms may be moved onto the Firing Line. Please Note: No movement forward of the Firing Line is permitted while this is occurring.
- 10am: Range is open and shooting will commence
- 12.30pm: Range is closed for lunch
- 1.00pm: Range is reopened
- 4pm: Range is closed
- Please Note: On competition days, the range will remain open from 10am to 1.30pm after which it will be closed for the competition only.
SSAA Scottsdale uses a 10 minute shooting cycle during which shooters are free to engage their respective targets. At the 8 minute mark, shooters will be given a ‘2 minute warning’. At the completion of the 10 minutes, the Senior Range Officer (SRO) will order CEASE FIRE – UNLOAD AND SHOW CLEAR. You will be permitted to proceed downrange to check your targets once all firearms have been cleared and the range is closed.
Please note: If you arrive late to the range, you will need to wait till the next 10 minute cycle before you can setup a target and commence shooting.
Sign-in. When signing in, range staff will conduct a check of your firearms licence for currency and purpose. Staff will also check your SSAA membership card for currency.
Payment of Range and Membership Fees. Cash payments are no longer accepted at SSAA Scottsdale. You may pay at the range by tap-and-go EFTPOS machine or by direct debit into the club’s account. Cash will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances such as a visiting shooter.
The club runs precision rifle (PR), precision rimfire (PR22) and pistol competitions on separate range days. Please note that from 1330 on competition days, with the exception of the competition area, the remainder of the range is CLOSED. Please check the Shooting Schedule for details. Courses of fire (COF) as well as rules, equipment requirements etc for all disciplines are posted to the ‘Events’ tab (below), the week before the competition weekend. Competition results and photos are normally posted 1-2 days after the event.
Empty Chamber Indicators. Empty Chamber Indicator (ECI) are now mandatory for all firearms at SSAA Scottsdale. The use of an ECI removes the need for an RO to physically look inside the chamber of your firearm thereby removing the need for the RO to be in close physical proximity to you. The club has purchased spare centrefire and rimfire ECI. These are available for sale to shooters for $5.00.
In order to join the club, new members will firstly need to fill out the club’s secure online membership registration form. Following this, they will need to attend a minimum of three shooting events.
Current membership fee details can be found at the ‘Pricing’ tab below. Membership is valid per financial year, i.e. from 1 July to 30 June.
Those members that are new to shooting should take the time to read the attached Beginner’s Guide.
Facilities: Toilet facilities are available.
|Event Name||Event Details|
Precision Rifle Final09/12/2023 1:30 pm
|SSAA Scottsdale members:||$5.00 per shoot|
|Other SSAA club members:||$10.00 per shoot|
|Non SSAA members:||$20.00 per shoot|
|Single membership per financial year||$50.00 ($25 if you join in the 2nd half of the financial year)|
|Family membership per financial year||$75.00 ($35 if you join in the 2nd half of the financial year)|